Geotechnical Engineering Services
Wolverine specializes in providing cost effective, time sensitive, and practical geotechnical engineering solutions for the most challenging geotechnical projects throughout the Mid-west. We pride ourselves in rapidly delivering state-of-the-art design and analysis results to assess risk and customize unique and practical solutions to complex geotechnical problems.
Wolverine’s staff has performed some of the largest geotechnical investigations in the Mid-west utilizing multiple drill rigs, barges, and cranes in some of the most inhospitable areas of the central and eastern United States. We provide geotechnical investigations relating to shallow and deep foundation design, pavement evaluations, pipeline horizontal directional drilling (HDD), subgrade stabilization (mechanical and chemical), shallow and deep excavations, heavy industrial equipment and rack foundations, dewatering, groundwater monitoring, settlement monitoring, vibration monitoring, and test pit observations.
We have extensive experience with a wide range of traditional and innovative subsurface exploration techniques and applications, and we contract only qualified and knowledgeable exploration contractors to support our subsurface exploration programs and we offer a full-service line of soil laboratory analysis with an awareness of the time sensitive demands placed on the test results of ongoing projects. Wolverine has an impeccable safety record with a 0.92 EMR and a 0.0 TRIR and proudly maintains an A rating with all our clients on ISNetworld.
Engineering and Consulting
- Shallow Foundations
- Deep foundations – Pile and Caisson
- Agricultural Bin Foundations
- Large Industrial Equipment and Rack Foundations
- Underpinning Existing Structures
- Horizontal Directional Drilling (HDD)
- Pipeline Installation
- Slope Stability Enhancement
- Retaining Walls and Pits
- Underground Structures of all Types
- Soil Stabilization
- Soil Parameters for Pavement Design
- Detention Ponds
Geotechnical Drilling and Testing
- Truck-mounted geotechnical drilling with CME 45, 55 and 75 drill rigs
- ATV drilling with rubber tired and track-mounted CME 45, 550, and Diedrich D50 ATV drill rigs
- Direct push, low clearance drilling with a rubber track-mounted Geoprobe 54DT
- Barge drilling in water up to 50 feet in depth
- Solid stem and Hollow Stem Drilling and STP sampling with augers up 12¼-inches
- Soil sampling via split spoon, thin-walled (Shelby) tube, brass liner, direct push, bulk, etc.
- Wire-line and conventional rock drilling and coring
- Monitoring well and Piezometer installation, development, monitoring, and abandonment
- Settlement plate installation and monitoring
- Test pit excavation and monitoring
- Double-ring infiltrometer analysis
- Vacuum extraction excavation (wet or dry)
Work With The Wolverine Family
Choose Wolverine For Our Dedicated Employees, Expertise, and Reputation